About the Job:
The Director of Clinical Partnerships will drive near and long-term growth across Ossium’s cellular therapy products through identifying clinical partnership opportunities, building relationships with investigators, and planning the launch of clinical trials. In this role, you will work with Ossium’s executive leadership team to forge and maintain relationships with bone marrow transplant centers, build relationships with key investigators at those centers, and stand-up multiple clinical trials for Ossium’s cell therapy products. The work will require you to maintain familiarity with the bone marrow and organ transplantation research ecosystems, envision clinical research collaborations, and initiate and pursue relationships with investigators. You will report to the CEO.
- An MD is required. Residency training is preferred. An MBA is a plus.
- At least 3 years of experience in business development, sales, or account management in a life sciences or healthcare company is preferred. Candidates with strong business development skills from other professional experiences will be considered.
- At least 2 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or venture capital is preferred for candidates with less than 5 years direct experience in business development or sales.
- Robust problem-solving skills, including the ability to apply logical frameworks and data-driven insights to ambiguous situations to find and execute solutions
- Stellar relationship management skills are required. Candidates should be capable of connecting with business professionals, scientists, and physicians in a manner that quickly leaves a positive impression of the company and generates interest in our products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including making and delivering presentations, synthesizing research findings, and drafting external communications and internal reports. Strong MS PowerPoint skills are required
- Excellent quantitative skills, including the ability to value market opportunities, navigate financial models, analyze datasets and interpret statistical data. Strong Excel skills are required. Experience with a CRM is a plus
- Capable of operating with a high level of organization and excellent time management in a startup environment. Shows rigorous attention to detail in work product
- Work with executive leadership to develop clinical trial roll-out strategies for Ossium’s cellular therapy products
- Support executive leadership in planning, closing, and implementing clinical trial partnerships with leading transplant centers
- Build and maintain relationships with key investigators in bone marrow and organ transplantation throughout the United States
- Maintain a high level of familiarity with emerging research and trends in the fields of hematology, organ transplantation, and other relevant disciplines
- Contribute to the company’s clinical partnership development playbook, including documenting lessons from experience in pursuing, closing, and implementing partnerships
- Manage clinical partnership-related key performance indicators and own data on the progress of trials
- Take trips to attend conferences, visit current or prospective transplant center partners, or other business needs
- Provide general business leverage and support to the CEO, including managing a broad range of internal and external facing projects as required in a startup environment.
Location: San Francisco, California