About the Job:
The Director of Research Sales will drive revenue growth across Ossium’s cellular therapy products by identifying market opportunities, building customer relationships, and closing sales with industry and academic laboratories seeking bone marrow derived cells for research use. In this role, you will work with Ossium’s executive leadership to forge and manage relationships with life sciences companies and major research universities. The work will require you to maintain familiarity with the bone marrow transplant, immunotherapy, and organ transplant research ecosystems, envision research collaborations, build relationships with industry purchasing representatives, and manage key performance indicators for. You will report to the CEO.
- Qualified candidates will have an MD, life sciences PhD, or MBA combined with an advanced degree in life sciences.
- At least 3 years of experience in sales, business development, or account management in a life sciences or a healthcare company is required.
- At least 2 years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, or venture capital is preferred for candidates with less than 5 years of related industry experience
- Robust problem-solving skills – such as the ability to apply logical frameworks and data-driven insights to ambiguous situations — are critical
- Stellar relationship management skills are required. Candidates should be capable of connecting with business professionals, scientists, and physicians in a manner that quickly leaves a positive impression of the company and generates interest in our products.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including making and delivering presentations, synthesizing research findings, and drafting external communications and internal reports. Strong MS PowerPoint skills are required
- Strong quantitative skills, including the ability to value market opportunities, navigate financial models, analyze datasets and interpret statistical data. Strong Excel skills are required. Experience with a CRM is a plus
- Capability to operate with a high level of organization and excellent time management in a startup environment is necessary. Must show rigorous attention to detail in work product
- Drive revenue growth by working with the executive leadership team to establish industry and academic customer relationships for Ossium’s cellular therapy products
- Deepen the company’s global market knowledge related to who needs bone marrow cells, what research programs they need them for, and what pain points they’re experiencing with their existing sources throughout North America, Europe, and Asia
- Maintain a high level of familiarity with emerging research and trends in the fields of hematology, organ transplantation, immunotherapies, and other relevant disciplines
- Contribute to the company’s research customer sales playbook, including documenting lessons from experience in opening, negotiating, and closing deals
- Attend conferences and take business trips to visit current and prospective customers
- Report on sales related key performance indicators and track the progress of all sales from initial lead to closing
- Produce materials that contribute to the development of the company’s brand and image
- Provide general business leverage and support to the CEO, including managing a broad range of internal and external facing projects as required in a startup environment.
Location: San Francisco, California