About the Company:
Ossium Health deploys cellular therapeutics, bioengineering, and other regenerative medical tools to drive lasting gains in the health, vitality and longevity of human beings. We develop, process, and bank cell therapy products that apply the power of stem cell science to revolutionize treatment for patients with blood and immune diseases. At Ossium, we empower our employees, maintain the highest standards of operational excellence, and are a force for good.
About the Job:
The Donor Specialist will ensure that the most critical aspect of Ossium’s work, getting donors in the door, occurs smoothly. In this role, you will answer calls from partner organizations when they have potential Ossium donors to screen, manage documents and data associated with those donors, and keep detailed notes on donor-related decisions. The work will require you to be friendly, professional, and enthusiastic during all calls, maintain familiarity with Ossium’s donor guidelines, and be comfortable making decisions on unclear cases or with limited information. Call volume will be volatile, with some days involving numerous calls and others involving none. Willingness to work evening shifts, weekends, and be on call are all necessary for this position. You will report to the Sr. Director of Operations.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. Experience working in a hospital or organ procurement organization call center is preferred.
- Must be available to be on call 3 days per week (Friday-Sunday) 24 hours per day.
- Excellent oral communication skills and friendly demeanor are required.
- Fluency with relevant medical terminology, comfort working in Excel, ability to learn various database packages.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks in parallel and manage each to completion
- Capable of operating with a high level of organization and excellent time management in a startup environment. Shows rigorous attention to detail in all work.
- Act as the face of Ossium Health to partner organizations when they call in for screening
- Answer every phone call promptly and professionally
- Determine if donor meets Ossium criteria, based on written guidelines and general understanding of company and product goals
- Provide on-the-spot answers to partners who call in to get donor approval
- Identify special cases and loop in relevant decision makers only when necessary, primarily making independent decisions
- Accurately record critical data on each donor into appropriate database
- Manage donor documents as required by company’s quality management system
Location: The Donor Specialist may work remotely from within the United States. The company may require the Donor Specialist to travel for training or company events a few times per calendar year.