Position Summary: Laboratory Technologist will perform tissue processing to recover stem cells from human tissue and assist with testing of cells as needed. Responsible for weekend coverage (day shift) and 3 weekdays (Wednesday-Sunday or Saturday-Wednesday).
• Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling, processing, and test analysis.
• Demonstrate proper aseptic technique and sample handling.
• Maintain production batch records for both clinical and non-clinical specimens, and associated testing records as needed.
• Assist in maintaining laboratory inventory and storage areas.
• Perform and document equipment calibrations, procedural calibrations, cleaning and maintenance.
• Adhere to the company’s quality assurance policies and assist with investigations and completion of quality systems documentation.
• Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect product quality.
• A bachelor’s degree in biological sciences, physical sciences, or associated area of study is required.
• 1-2 years of experience in a laboratory or cleanroom setting is preferred. Clinical laboratory, blood bank or tissue bank experience are also preferred.
• Must be available to work day-shift weekends and be on call during the week.